I gotta say that this has been one inspirational interview! Atta boy Sho!
16. So far, is there anything that someone has said to you that made you happy?
"You really love me, huh?" (laugh)
17. Is there someone that makes you think "I Can't lose to this person!"?
At times when I lose my inspiration. It could be at times like that when I feel cornered but...
18. If you weren't an entertainer now, what job do you think you would like to try?
In my younger days I always imagined something related to music, or being a foreign correspondent, but after doing Arashi for 11 years now I can't think of anything else. (laugh)
19. What would you like to do in the next 20 years?
It's a little vague, but even from the point where I am 30-years-old I would like to always have awareness, and from then on turn towards studying various other things as well.
20. According to Sakurai-san, an 'ideal man' is?
Someone who isn't captured by small things, but instead allows everything to be viewed with an open mind.
21. Please tell us your favourite motto.
Rather than a favorite motto, I love wholehearted expressions that absorb you completely.
22. Something you want to do with great care in your life?
I'd like to feel like I am enjoying myself at all times, because I always thought that the hard and painful moments in life are something that I cannot control.
23. As far as Arashi is concerned, what does its existence mean for Sakurai-san? Express it in one word. * Here we go again ... *
"A dream assembly". We are just five people, but Arashi's pride and self-conciousness that has been seen by various people has created our appearance of being a great project. So, both of these things at the same time.
* What would happen if they ask him to express himself in one sentence? O.O Would there be an entire series of dictionaries coming out??? O.O *
24. Lastly, as a member of arashi, something you want to say to the men of your generation?
If it's true that Arashi has appeal... To be unsteady with yourself, or how should I put it... I think that finding things to be foolish is contraru to being honest. Thence, to get someone to feel that "enjoying everything and foolish honesty are opposite things but neither one a good one" is a good thing I guess.
T/N: Concerning the final question (24) for the life of me I cannot figure out exactly what he wanted to say! And there is also one kanji that I canot read because the magazine scan isn't good quality. T.T The unknown kanji looks to me like the kanji for 'bread' but, since this is a Sho interview and not an Ohno interview, I didn't know how to make 'bread' work! XD
Hope you enjoyed it as much as I idi! Comments are much appreciated! ^.^ * hugs *